Reliance Jio is launching the cheapest phone for the Indian citizen under the price band of Rs 1500. The pre booking of the jio phone will be started from the 24th August. The 4G feature mobile will be available on a ‘first come, first serve basis’.
Reliance Jio has provided all the option for booking the mobile phone. They are :
- Online booking for the device,
- Through Jioapps for android and iOS.
- Through reliance store
- Via SMS
Jio has planned to handover the Jio phone to approx 50 crore users in India. You will have to pay a refundable security deposit of Rs 1,500. This deposit will be refunded after 36 months on the return of the phone, making the price of the mobile be effectively zero.
Reliance Jio, the latest entrant in the telecom sector, will provide unlimited data on the phone for Rs 153 per month. Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Chairman Mukesh Ambani took everyone by surprise when he unveiled the Jio phone and its price.
The offer included lifelong free voice calls bundled with 4G data streaming at an effective price of zero.
How to book Jio Phone online:
- First you need to log on to the company’s website “Jio.com”.
- Here, you need to click on the tab called ‘Keep me posted’.
- Now, you will be taken to a ‘Register Interest’ page.
- Here the portal will ask you to share your details. You need to fill the info based on your needs.
- There are separate forms for ‘Individuals’ and ‘Businesses’.
- After submitting the details, you will receive an email from Jio, confirming the same.
- You will then receive the phone as an when your number in the queue comes up.
How to book Jio Phone via SMS:
- You can also register your interest for the JioPhone using SMS.
- In order to register your interest, you have to type the following in your message box: ‘JPJio Store code near your locality’.
- Now, you will have to send it to the number 7021170211.
- In order to get the store code, you will have to visit the nearest Jio store.